Fast-food calories become front and Center on the fight against obesity in America. As part of the healthcare reform legislation that President Obama recently signed there is guidance for both restaurant chains and vending machines. The legislation requires in principle posting of nutritional information for the foods and beverages that are sold.
Fast food calorie counting
The new laws need to count calories from the fast-food easier, but the real trick is to consumers to read the labels and put it in the proper context.On average, a healthy amount of daily calorie between 2000 and 3000 calories depending on your weight and activity level. an athlete can certainly get away with more calories because they burn them regularly. Nevertheless, the normal person to look at how many calories in a fast-food meal as part of their entire target for daily calorie intake.
Although there are many fast-food restaurants that attention as of McDonald's and burger King it really comes down to the individual choices at a fast food restaurant. When you are in a McDonald's goes you will likely not be surprised that a Big Mac high in calories or even a Whopper at Burger King. The calories in Big Mac are approximately 576 while the calorie count for the Whopper 670. What can be more surprising that some chicken sandwiches, fish sandwiches and even salads can top the list of high fast food calories.
A favorite of mine, especially during Lent are the fish sandwiches on both BK and McDonald 's.The calories for a filet-O-Fish are 380 calories and for the BK fish fillet sandwich 630. can this be healthier choices? if you decided not to include the Canillo sauce or the cheese that you definitely would shave some from the calorie count but will you? Let's be honest anything with cheese, bacon or special sauces is going to be high in calories. This is for all fast-food restaurants even who you might think are "healthier".
Supersize not required
A pet peeve of mine is that the Supersize options that some of these restaurants offer. when I go to the counter run I know already that I'm making a trade off between healthy food and my time. Usually I try to buy the only options of the sandwich with water. Certainly helps keep the calorie count, but even if I break down and want to buy those fries and a drink checkout people need to be specifically told that you want to the small size.If you do not say that they will at least give you a regular that if you add those calories together can be as high as that of the sandwich you just ordered.I think we perhaps half the recommended calories we need in a day.
Salads
The biggest myth about choosing better at fast food restaurants is that salads are the best choice.Fast-food calories can easily be found in the choices that you make when buying the salad. I know I can be pretty guilty when it comes to salad dressing choices.A creamy dressing as Ranch can easily of the fast-food calories in your meal. the problem with the dressings and some of the options for the type of crispy chicken is that although the total calorie counting can layer are the types of calories killer. The fat calories are much higher in these types of dressings, so you need to choose better, lighter dressings.
Yes, I know that the reality of choices when you are in a hurry. try to find a study about the calories when you actually have time to sit and watch them come online. many resources to help you calorie counting. one that I looked for this article is one that seems to be carried out by about.com http://caloriecount.about.com/ on but I'm sure more will keep coming online that will help you keep track of your fast food calories.
No comments:
Post a Comment